Looking for an exciting job opportunity in a fast paced, fun environment? You’ve come to the right place! We’re always looking for motivated, friendly, ambitious people to join our team at Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel. We have positions in a variety of departments including the gaming area, hotel, and food & beverage. Our current job openings are listed below. Part time and full time positions are available.
We appreciate your interest in a position at Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel!
Current Job Openings
Updated: July 4, 2019 | Most recent additions highlighted
- Bingo Caller FT $9.00 Calls out the numbers for a bingo game. Operates equipment that randomly selects the numbers for bingo. High school diploma or GED preferred. Must have previous guest service experience. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Floor Inventory Clerk FT $11.00 Verifies and distributes all game packs and sheets for a bingo session. High school diploma or GED preferred. Requires good knowledge of computers and software applications. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Floor Worker FT $9.00 + Tips Verifies winning cards, calculates prize money, and pays customer during a bingo session. Sells game sheets to customers. Verifies bingos and pays cash to winners. Answers customer inquiries as they arise. High school diploma or GED preferred. Must have prior work experience with positions requiring mathematical aptitude, guest service and sales. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- General Maintenance Worker FT $14.00 Maintain, install, services, and repair mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and plumbing systems, equipment & components for the casino complex. Maintain the gaming & hotel facility structures and finishes for appearance & functionality. Troubleshoot and repair all areas of the facility involving work of a varied nature with limited supervision. Moderate lifting and pulling up to 50 pounds is required. Requires certificate of training or one (1) year work experience in relevant field. Must have be able to comprehend and follow literature regarding proper installation & maintenance of equipment, tools, & devices. Must have strong diagnostic & problem solving abilities. Valid Iowa Driver License preferred.
- Cage Cashier FT $13.00 Handles all customer transactions during an assigned shift. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Must have previous cash handling experience. Must successful complete a Cage Aptitude test. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Compliance Director FT TBD The Compliance Director is responsible for monitoring and reporting results of the compliance efforts of the company and in providing guidance for the senior management team on matters relating to compliance. The Compliance Director together with the Compliance Committee is authorized to implement all necessary actions to ensure realization of the objectives of the company’s Compliance Program. The position oversees the Compliance Program, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance matters within the company. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related area from a four year college or university, Five (5) years of casino regulation compliance which includes BSA (Bank Secrecy Act), Title 31, AML (Anti-Money Laundering) compliance. Strong Internal Audit background with CIA preferred. Thorough understanding of all relevant BSA, Title 31 and AML requirements, laws and regulations with regards to Casino Hotel operations. Strong knowledge of computer software including but not limited to, Microsoft, Oasis, Bravo, Epic, Everi and Agilysis with the ability to generate documents, reports and perform data tracking. Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to produce general and investigative reports. Ability to learn applicable Gaming Ordinances, State Compact, Federal Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) and Policies and Procedures related to the gaming and hotel operations. Must be able to handle busy and stressful situations. Must be flexible with shifts and days off. Must be able work with all department Directors/Managers, GM and Gaming Commission staff and display tact when dealing with conflicts associated with regulatory matters.
- Count/Drop Team Asst. Supervisor FT $16.73 Assures that Slot/Bill Acceptor (BA) drop and soft count functions are completed in a timely manner. Ensures that staff is properly trained in existing and new procedures. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Requires six (6) months of supervisory experience. Requires knowledge of the Meskwaki Casino Internal Controls and standard operating procedures.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Beverage Barback FT $9.00 + tips To keep beverage service areas and equipment well-stocked and clean. Continuous lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds will be required. Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds with occasional periods of lifting and carrying up to 100 pounds will be required. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Beverage or Lucky’s Bartender FT $7.00 + tips To prepare and serve guests alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in a responsible and professional manner. Must be at least 21years of age. Previous alcoholic beverage service experience preferred.
- Beverage Cocktail Server FT $6.00 + tips To serve guests alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in a responsible and professional manner. Provide timely, friendly and courteous service of all beverages. Make every effort to ensure absolute customer satisfaction/provide outrageous customer service. Must be at least 18 years of age. Previous alcoholic beverage service experience preferred.
- F&B Sous Chef FT $19.00 Supervise and oversee daily kitchen operations of food venue in a manner that maximizes revenue and minimizes costs. Ensure all food items are prepared in accordance to recipes and specifications to provide a consistent, high quality product. Create and maintain these recipes and specs as directed. Substantial lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds will be required with occasional periods of lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds. Must be at least 21 years of age. Requires a high school diploma or GED. One (1) year experience as a kitchen supervisor in a large-scale restaurant operation preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have knowledge of food safety and sanitation requirements. Basic computer or point of sale system skills required.
- F & B Supervisor FT $19.00 Provide optimal guest satisfaction by effectively supervising and overseeing assigned venue operations, convention service, bar operations, front-of-the-house (FOH) operations of the Buffet, Lucky’s, and Prime Cut, Lounge, Bingo Concessions and Food Arcade. Must be at least 21 years of age. Requires a high school diploma or GED. One (1) year food & beverage experience in a large-scale operation or an equivalent combination of education and experience and experience. Must have knowledge of food safety and sanitation requirements. Basic computer or point of sale system skills required.
- Valet Parking Attendant FT $8.00 +tips To serve Meskwaki guests by parking and retrieving their motor vehicles. High school diploma or GED. Experience in prior service oriented position(s) and/or related field preferred. Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license. Must be insurable according to Company insurance guidelines and policies. Must be able to operate vehicles with automatic or manual transmissions.
- Poker Dealer PT $5.95 Deals Poker games professionally, accurately, and according to policies and procedures. Must be prolific in various card games and proper dealing procedures. Must be able to work directly and interact with the general public. Must have excellent verbal communication skills. Must be flexible with work shifts and days off. Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Player’s Club Associate FT $11.00 Must be able to work directly with the general public. Must be flexible with working hours and days off. Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written. Requires the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same. Must possess basic computer skills. High School Diploma or GED.
- Executive Host FT TBA Developing and implementing new promotions and maintaining and cultivating relationships with high-end and middle-end customers by providing the best guest service experience possible. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Requires two years of Casino experience. Requires good knowledge of computers and software applications. Casino Club or host experience preferred.
- EMT FT $16.00 Assesses injuries, administers emergency medical care, and performs the duties of Security Officer. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Must be able to keep information confidential. High School Diploma or GED preferred. Certified Iowa EMT/or current Registered Nurse with up to due credentials, and prove use of skills and equipment described above to meet an Iowa EMT-B level non-transport service and preferred one (1) year experience.
- Keymaster FT $14.00 Maintains constant Surveillance throughout the casino, watch for any irregularities or unusual activities and take corrective action (if possible) or immediately report them to the Security Shift Supervisor or Security Director. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds. Must be confidential. High school diploma or GED preferred. Must have at least one (1) year experience as Casino Security Officer. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Officer FT $13.00 Monitors premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules during an assigned shift. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds. Must be confidential. High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Slot Technician II FT $15.00 Responsible for proper repair, maintenance and proper functioning of gaming devices, their related components and support systems. Lifting and carrying up to 100 pounds is required. Requires a high school diploma or GED Must be at least 18 years of age. Requires satisfactory completion of industry trade school in electronics or relevant field of study, or 1-year experience as an entry-level Slot Technician at company or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Baker FT $11.50 (Buffet) To bake large quantities of desserts, pastries and other baked goods according to quality standards for all food operations. Substantial lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds will be required with occasional periods of lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds. Must be at least 18 years of age. Prior baking experience preferred.
- Banquet Server FT/PT $9.50 + tips Sets up and serves all catering functions as scheduled providing the highest level of customer service. Must be at least 18 years of age. Prior wait staff experience required.
- Buffet Cashier FT $10.30 Welcomes guests, assist seating guests when needed, helping to ensure quality service. Handles customer payment transactions in an effective and efficient manner. Frequent lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds will be required with occasional periods of lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must be able to pass departmental test requirements. Previous host/hostess and cashier experience preferred.
- Bus Person PT $9.00 (Buffet) Maintains and upholds buffet tables clean from dirty plates, glasses and silverware with prompt and friendly service. Entry-level. Must be 16 years of age.
- Employee Break Room Attendant-Cashier FT $10.00 + tips Sets-up, serves and handles payment for employee breakroom food & beverage service. Prove courteous and professional service of food & beverages to employees. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must be able to pass departmental test requirement.
- F&B Cook FT $12.00 (Buffet, Lucky’s & Prime Cut) Cook and present food for venue operations according to established quality standards. Substantial lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds will be required with occasional periods of lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds. Must be at least 18 years of age. One year prior cooking experience preferred.
- F&B Cook-Cashier FT $10.30 + tips (Food Arcade) Prepare food orders for guests in a manner that meets established quality standards. Professionally serves menu items to guests and handles payment transactions efficiently and effectively. Provide timely, friendly and courteous service of menu items. Make every effort to ensure absolute customer satisfaction/provide outstanding customer service. Substantial lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds will be required with occasional lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds. Must be at least 18 years of age Previous deli or concessions work experience preferred.
- F&B Dishwasher FT $10.30 (Buffet) Cleans dinnerware, food preparation wares and equipment and kitchen area in a manner that meets established cleanliness standards. Substantial lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds with occasional lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds will be required. Entry-level position. Must be at least 18 years old.
- Waitress/Waiter FT $7.00 + tips (Buffet, Lucky’s & Prime Cut) Serve beverages and provide table service in a professional manner to guests at our buffet. Must be at least 18 years of age. Some previous wait staff experience preferred.
- Bell Staff FT $8.24 Serves hotel guests during their stay by making it easier and more enjoyable to arrive, check in, stay at the property, and depart. Frequent lifting up to 50 pounds will be required, with occasional lifting up to 100 pounds. Entry-level position. Must be at least 16 years of age. Previous hotel experience preferred.
- Guest Room Attendants FT/PT $10.00 per hour + $2 to $3 per room cleaned Perform any combination of cleaning duties to maintain rooms within the hotel. Entry-level position. Some occasional lifting up to 25 pounds will be required. Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
- Housekeeping Utility FT/PT $10.00 Performs a combination of tasks that maintain the hotel premises in a clean and orderly manner, thereby contributing to a pleasant, positive guest experience. Entry-level position. Previous housekeeping experience preferred
- Laundry Worker FT $10.00 Operates and tends to laundry machines to clean articles such as wearing apparel, sheets, blankets, and other linens used by the hotel and property. Previous laundry experience preferred.
- Hotel Spa Massage Therapist FT $12.75 To provide the guest with a comprehensive range of spa services reflecting the high levels of service and standards required. Massage Therapists might also sell products or other retail items, answer the telephone, take appointments, schedule walk-in customers, operate cash register, clean spa and stock supplies. Requires high school diploma or GED. Proof of State of Iowa license in massage therapy. Proof of completion of certified CPR and first-aid courses is a plus but not required. Previous experience in a luxury spa preferred.
- Receiving Clerk FT $10.00 Receives, verifies and logs all incoming shipments into the warehouse or storage. Compare identifying information and count items of incoming shipments against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records. Requires safely lifting and carrying up to 60 pounds. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Requires a valid driver’s license from the state of Iowa.
Due to ongoing renovations, our Human Resources department will be temporarily relocated to the Red Earth Room of the Convention Center. All new applicants may go to the Red Earth Room to pick up or drop off applications. HR personnel can be reached at 641.484.2108 ext. 1478. We thank you for your patience during our renovations.
For prompt attention to your job seeking questions inquire at the Personnel Office and/or call 641-484-1620. We will assist you to secure the most up to date information about the position you seek.
2nd Shift – 50¢ | 3rd Shift – $1.00
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Matching 401k
- Paid holidays
- Meal discounts
- Paid meal breaks
Benefits begin the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
Must pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
How to apply
There are several ways in which you can apply for employment at the Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel.
- Apply by U.S. Mail by downloading our employment application and mailing completed application to this address:
Meskwaki Bingo Casino HotelAttn: Human Resources
1504 305th Street
Tama, IA 52339
- Apply by fax by downloading our employment application and faxing the completed form to the following fax number: 641.484.1662