Looking for an exciting job opportunity in a fast paced, fun environment? You’ve come to the right place! We’re always looking for motivated, friendly, ambitious people to join our team at Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel. We have positions in a variety of departments including the gaming area, hotel, and food & beverage. Our current job openings are listed below. Part time and full time positions are available.
We appreciate your interest in a position at Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel!
Current Job Openings
Updated: January 11, 2019 | Most recent additions highlighted
- Floor Worker FT $7.50 Verifies winning cards, calculates prize money, and pays customer during a bingo session. Sells game sheets to customers. Verifies bingos and pays cash to winners. Answers customer inquiries as they arise. Requires high school diploma or GED. Must have prior work experience with positions requiring mathematical aptitude, customer service and sales. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- General Maintenance FT $13.00 Install, troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical equipment and distribution systems. Repair and maintain doors, floors, roofs, stairways, windows, screens and other wooden fixtures. Repair and maintain plumbing. Requires high school diploma or GED and one (1) year of relevant job experience with a licensed contractor. Valid Iowa driver’s license preferred. Requires general knowledge of computers and software applications.
- Accounting Manager FT TBD Administers all accounting activities, such as financial statements, budgets, accounts payable/receivables, payroll as well as related taxes and the associated controls of recording and maintaining of financial data. The Accounting Manager directly supervises Staff Accountants and other positions that may be assigned later. Bachelors Degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting or Finance (University Transcripts Required), plus four (4) or more years work experience in accounting. Requires two (2) years supervisory experience. CPA or MBA with Gaming operation experience desired Knowledge of Title 31 requirements and the Federal Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) desired.
- Cage Cashier FT $11.00 Handles all customer transactions during an assigned shift. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Must have previous cash handling experience. Must successfully complete a Cage Aptitude test. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Compliance Director FT TBD The Compliance Director is responsible for monitoring and reporting results of the compliance efforts of the company and in providing guidance for the senior management team on matters relating to compliance. The Compliance Director together with the Compliance Committee is authorized to implement all necessary actions to ensure realization of the objectives of the company’s Compliance Program. The position oversees the Compliance Program, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance matters within the company. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related area from a four year college or university, Five (5) years of casino regulation compliance which includes BSA (Bank Secrecy Act), Title 31, AML (Anti-Money Laundering) compliance. Strong Internal Audit background with CIA preferred. Thorough understanding of all relevant BSA, Title 31 and AML requirements, laws and regulations with regards to Casino Hotel operations. Strong knowledge of computer software including but not limited to, Microsoft, Oasis, Bravo, Epic, Everi and Agilysis with the ability to generate documents, reports and perform data tracking. Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to produce general and investigative reports. Ability to learn applicable Gaming Ordinances, State Compact, Federal Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) and Policies and Procedures related to the gaming and hotel operations. Must be able to handle busy and stressful situations. Must be flexible with shifts and days off. Must be able work with all department Directors/Managers, GM and Gaming Commission staff and display tact when dealing with conflicts associated with regulatory matters.
- Count/Drop Team Asst. Supervisor FT $15.00 Assures that Slot/Bill Acceptor (BA) drop and soft count functions are completed in a timely manner. Ensures that staff is properly trained in existing and new procedures. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Requires six (6) months of supervisory experience. Requires knowledge of the Meskwaki Casino Internal Controls and standard operating procedures.
- Revenue Auditor FT $13.00 Reviews and accurately posts revenues and expenses pertaining to gaming audits. Requires a high school diploma or GED, 2 year degree in accounting preferred. Must have good knowledge of computers, specifically Microsoft Excel, including formulas and spreadsheets, and software applications. Cannot have immediate family, as defined in the employee handbook in any audited outlet or gaming department.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Beverage Barback FT/PT $8.75 + tips Keep beverage service areas and equipment well-stocked and clean. Continuous lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds will be required. Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds with occasional periods of lifting and carrying up to 100 pounds will be required. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Beverage Bartender FT $6.90 + tips To prepare and serve guests alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in a responsible and professional manner. Must be at least 21years of age. Previous alcoholic beverage service experience preferred.
- Beverage Cocktail Server FT $5.10 + tips To serve guests alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in a responsible and professional manner. Provide timely, friendly and courteous service of all beverages. Make every effort to ensure absolute customer satisfaction/provide outrageous customer service. Must be at least 18 years of age. Previous alcoholic beverage service experience preferred.
- Buffet Sous Chef FT $14.74 Supervise and oversee daily kitchen operations of the Jackpot Buffet and employee breakroom (dining room) in a manner that maximizes revenue and minimizes costs. Must be at least 21 years of age. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Requires a Culinary degree from an accredited institute/school or two (2) years experience cooking in a large-scale restaurant operation and one (1) year experience as a kitchen supervisor in a large-scale restaurant operation or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have knowledge of food safety and sanitation requirements. Basic computer or point of sale system skills required.
- Lucky’s Bartender PT $6.90 + tips To prepare and serve guests alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in a responsible and professional manner. Must be at least 21years of age. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Previous alcoholic beverage service experience preferred.
- F & B Supervisor FT $14.74 Provide optimal guest satisfaction by effectively supervising and overseeing assigned concession operations, convention service, bar operations, front-of-the-house (FOH) operations of the Buffet, Lucky’s, and Prime Cut. Must be at least 21 years of age. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Associates degree in Restaurant Management or equivalent field of study and one (1) year food & beverage experience in a large-scale operation OR two (2) years of food & beverage service experience in a large-scale operation and at least eight (8) months of significant, related supervisory experience. Requires basic computer skills.
- Hotel Lead General Maintenance FT $15.41 Maintains, installs, services and repairs mechanical, electrical, pneumatic & plumbing systems, equipment & components for the casino complex. Maintains the gaming & hotel facility structures and finishes for appearance & functionality. Troubleshoots and repairs all areas of the Hotel facility involving work of a varied nature with limited supervision. Requires certificate of training or two (2) years work experience in relevant field. Must be able to comprehend and follow literature regarding proper installation & maintenance of equipment, tools & devices. Must have strong diagnostic & problem solving abilities. Valid Iowa Driver License preferred.
- Valet Parking Attendant FT $8.00 +tips Issues or obtains numbered tags, parks and retrieves guests’ vehicles. High school diploma or GED. Experience in prior service oriented position(s) and/or related field preferred. Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license. Must be insurable according to Company insurance guidelines and policies. Must be able to operate vehicles with automatic or manual transmissions.
- Experienced Dealers – $5.50 + Tips – Experienced Table Games dealers can earn additional hourly rates based on games dealt proficiently and shift differential
- Floor Supervisor FT TBA Supervises all aspects of the live games during an assigned shift. Requires high school diploma or GED. Must have at least six (6) months of floor person experience and knowledge of game protection techniques.
- Poker Dealer FT $5.95 Deals Poker games professionally, accurately, and according to policies and procedures. Must be prolific in various card games and proper dealing procedures. Must be able to work directly and interact with the general public. Must have excellent verbal communication skills. Must be flexible with work shifts and days off. Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Application Support Specialist FT TBA The Application Support Specialist role is to deliver support to end users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, development, and other business units. The Application Support Specialist is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house software applications training programs and related courseware. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or relevant field of study and/or five (5) years of relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certifications such as MCDBA, MCDST, MCSA, or MCAD preferred. In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications, including PeopleSoft, Oasis, and/or current packages. Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques. Broad knowledge of programming languages and techniques, including .Net, Visual Basic, COBOL, Java (Java Script) and C+ is necessary. Requires knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications. Experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking. Must have good knowledge and understanding of networks and servers.
- Information System Support Specialist FT $15.50 Provides a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within the organizations desktop computing environment. Requires an Associate Degree in Computer Science or a relevant field of study plus two (2) years of relevant information technology experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Certifications such as A= and N= are desirable. Must have excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware, internal components, operating systems, and related software. Requires hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience. Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards are a must.
SALES AND MARKETING
- Casino Ambassador FT $11.00 Increases the Casino database by acquiring new players. Coordinates guest service needs with the Executive Hosts and Club Meskwaki. Requires high school diploma or GED. Must be at least 21 years of age. Must have six (6) months Club Meskwaki, Tour & Travel, or other related rewards program experience Requires good knowledge of computers and software applications.
- Executive Host FT TBA Responsible for improving customer service, developing and implementing new promotions and maintaining and cultivating relationships with high-end and middle-end customers. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Requires two years of Casino experience. Requires good knowledge of computers and software applications. Casino Club or host experience preferred.
- Officer FT $11.00 Monitors premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules during an assigned shift. Must be able to work directly with the general public. Requires the ability to see details at close range and from a distance. Must be able to handle busy and stressful situations. Requires good reading and writing skills. Must be capable of reading and understanding policies, procedures and memos. Must be dependable, courteous and reliable. Must be flexible with work shifts and days off. Must have good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. High school diploma or GED preferred.
- EMT FT $13.75 Assesses injuries, administers emergency medical care, and performs the duties of Security Officer. Operates equipment such external defibrillators and bag-valve mask resuscitators. Performs regular Security Officer daily duties. High School Diploma or GED preferred. Certified Iowa EMT/or current Registered Nurse with up to due credentials, and prove use of skills and equipment described above to meet an Iowa EMT level non-transport service and preferred one (1) year experience.
CASINO CLEANING SERVICES
- Equipment Crew FT $10.00 Keeps buildings, offices, public areas or other assigned areas in a clean and orderly condition. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Requires some relevant work experience.
- Porter FT $9.00 Keeps buildings, offices, public areas or other assigned areas in a clean and orderly condition.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Buffet Bus Person PT $8.00 Maintains and upholds buffet tables clean from dirty plates, glasses and silverware with prompt and friendly service. Entry-level. Must be 16 years of age.
- Buffet Cook FT $11.00 + tips Cook and present food for the buffet or other operations according to established quality standards. Prepare and present: large quantities of food for the Buffet, Catering and Employee Dining Room; food orders for other operations. Must be at least 18 years of age. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Requires a Culinary degree from an accredited institute/school or one (1) year of prior restaurant cooking experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Buffet Dining Room Attendant PT $5.10 + tips Serve beverages and provide table service in a professional manner to guests at our buffet. Must be at least 18 years of age. Some previous wait staff experience preferred.
- Buffet Dishwasher FT $10.00 Cleans dinnerware, food preparation wares and equipment and kitchen area in a manner that meets established cleanliness standards. Entry-level position. Must be at least 18 years old.
- Buffet EBR Attendant FT $8.25 + tips Sets-up, serves and handles payment for employee breakroom food & beverage service. Prove courteous and professional service of food & beverages to employees. Must be at least 18 years of age. Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Banquet Server PT $8.50 + tips Sets up and serves all catering functions as scheduled providing the highest level of customer service. Must be at least 18 years of age. Prior wait staff experience required.
- Food Arcade Cook/Cashier FT $10.00 + tips Prepare food orders for Arcade guests in a manner that meets established quality standards. Professionally serves menu items to guests and handles payment transactions efficiently and effectively. Must be at least 18 years of age. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Previous deli or concessions work experience preferred.
- Food Court Utility Porter FT $8.75 + tips Aids Food Court operations by keeping all areas well-stocked and clean. Substantial lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds will be required. May be required to lift over the shoulder height but this maneuver requires assistance (another person) when weight is involved. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Lucky’s Wait Staff FT/PT $6.90 + tips Take orders and serve food and beverages in a professional manner to guests at tables in our casual dining restaurant. Must be at least 18 years of age. Some previous wait staff experience preferred.
- Prime Cut Cook FT $12.38 Requires a Culinary degree from an accredited institute/school or one (1) year of prior cooking experience in a significant, casual or fine-dining restaurant or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior baking experience preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age. Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Prime Cut Wait Staff FT $6.90 + tips Take orders and serve food and beverages in a professional manner to guests at tables in our fine dining restaurant. Must be at least 18 years of age. Some previous wait staff experience required.
- Guest Room Attendants FT $9.00 per hour + $2 to $3 per room cleaned Perform any combination of light cleaning duties to maintain rooms and halls within the hotel. Entry-level position. Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
- Laundry Worker FT $8.75 Operates and tends to laundry machines to clean articles such as wearing apparel, sheets, blankets, and other linens used by the hotel and property. Lifts clean wet articles from the washer and places them successively into wringers and dryers for measured time cycles. High School Diploma or GED. Previous laundry experience preferred.
- Spa Licensed Cosmetologist FT $12.75 Shampoos, cuts, colors, bleaches, curls, styles, chemically curls and straightens hair for men, women and children. May work on wigs and hairpieces, use cosmetics on customers, massage customers' scalps, do manicures and pedicures, and facials. Must possess active State of Iowa licensure in cosmetology. Applicant license must be active and in good standing; with no previous disciplinary action by the state.
- Spa Licensed Massage Therapist FT $16.00 To provide the guest with a comprehensive range of spa services reflecting the high levels of service and standards required. Must be flexible with working hours and days off. Requires excellent customer service skills. Requires high school diploma or GED. Proof of State of Iowa license in massage therapy. Proof of completion of certified CPR and first-aid courses. Previous experience in a luxury spa preferred.
- Receiving Clerk FT $9.50 Compare identifying information and count items of incoming shipments against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records. Deliver supplies to various departments as needed. Requires safely lifting and carrying up to 60 pounds. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Requires a valid driver’s license from the state of Iowa.
Due to ongoing renovations, our Human Resources department will be temporarily relocated to the Red Earth Room of the Convention Center. All new applicants may go to the Red Earth Room to pick up or drop off applications. HR personnel can be reached at 641.484.2108 ext. 1478. We thank you for your patience during our renovations.
For prompt attention to your job seeking questions inquire at the Personnel Office and/or call 641-484-1620. We will assist you to secure the most up to date information about the position you seek.
2nd Shift – 50¢ | 3rd Shift – $1.00
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Matching 401k
- Paid holidays
- Meal discounts
- Paid meal breaks
Benefits begin the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
Must pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
How to apply
There are several ways in which you can apply for employment at the Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel.
- Apply by U.S. Mail by downloading our employment application and mailing completed application to this address:
Meskwaki Bingo Casino HotelAttn: Human Resources
1504 305th Street
Tama, IA 52339
- Apply by fax by downloading our employment application and faxing the completed form to the following fax number: 641.484.1662